Friday, December 23, 2011

A Public Service At XMAS

I have been drinking a good bit of late. Something I really never do. White Russians go down pretty good anytime and I must say I prefer one of the off brand coffee liqueurs to the standard. If you want something different though, a bit of Irish Cream is something one can just drink with coffee all day long. I enjoy the commercial Irish Cream but have been thinking a bit of making my own. Using the power of the Internet I have found numerous recipes and I think this one looks good to me. As soon as I drain my bottle of the commercial stuff I believe I will whip this up. H/T to yumsugar.com.

Well here you go......

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 pint whipping cream
3 eggs
3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 oz. Irish whiskey (my favorite is Jameson)
Directions
  1. Mix all of the ingredients in blender and refrigerate.
  2. Shake before using
  3. Enjoy chilled over ice.
Serves 6-8.

Have fun. Drink responsibly and all that.

No comments: