Monday, July 25, 2011

Fat or Thin? You be the Judge

I really hesitate to mention this but it is something that has to be done. It is for the good of the country.  There are some people who just look better "a bit portly" than skinny as a rail. Actor Jerry Ferrara comes to mind. So does Al Roker. Both of those guys looked much better with a bit of girth. Take a look at the Very "Reverend" Al Sharpton. He just looks funny.

I understand of course that one may need to lose weight for health reasons. I could spare to shed a few pounds myself. I also understand that the cultural "ideal" is, at this time, to be thin. I get all that.

I must say though that some folk who lose, in my opinion, a great deal of weight tend to look a bit like those pictures of aliens that one sees floating about the Internet. You know, little bitty body with a gigantic head. Tell me the good Reverend Sharpton does not remind you of that.  Except for the eyes of course.

Sharpton has shifty eyes while those aliens types just tend to stare.

No comments: