Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Out of His League

I am not really much a fan of President Obama. I don't find him to be "evil" or anything, I just think he is in way over his head with the job of President. Now one thing that lingers with me is the nagging doubt that the man is even legally qualified. Don't get me wrong; I am not saying that the man is not an American citizen but I want to see the birth certificate. Does that make me a birther? Perhaps. Is it such a hard thing to have the man's record of birth published? It seems that this would be one of the first things that the American people were shown just as soon as the question came up. It does make one wonder. Now if the President was not born in the United States and people in his organization knew about it; what does that say about the integrity of the process? I guess that is kind of a stupid question. Most folk seeking to ride the coat tails of power have very little integrity.

Now a related question that seems to be coming up concerns Obama and Islam. There are a great many people who believe him to be a Mohammedan. I am not one of those. I refuse to believe it to be the case. Or could it be that I just don't want to believe it.  I do recall that Colin Powell mentioned that it really should not matter even if Obama is a follower of the Prophet? I agree to some extent. As long as the American people knew that Obama was a practitioner of the "religion of peace" (wonder who thought that one up), and the American people still voted for the man, then it would not matter in the least. If however, the voters did not know the candidate was a Muslim and it was concealed from them then, well, that is a different animal altogether. It is interesting that he (Obama) was associated with the Very Reverend Wright who is supposedly a Christian minister. Of course Wright being a Christian is a matter of debate but that is another topic for another time. Or not.  After having to cut bait with this Wright (for obvious reasons) I have found it interesting that Obama has not found another home, so to speak, to worship. Kind of breaking with tradition. In my memory, all who hold the office, tend to wear their Christianity on their sleeve. Remember the giant Bible that Bill Clinton paraded around like a trophy wife? Obama does not seem to feel the need to do that. For that, I suppose, I give him some credit. If you don't "feel" it don't pretend I always say. Still it is a break with tradition. Does this make him a Muslim? I think not but I will say that in the back of my mind there is always the small doubt that Obama is in reality an American citizen just as there is a nagging suspicion that he may indeed be, as some say, a follower of Mohammed. I chose not to believe either is the case, despite the nagging doubt. Many would say I am shutting my eyes to the obvious and others would say I am some kind of "right wing birther." Or something.

So be it.

5 comments:

Ema Nymton said...

.

Oh Bull sh!t.

Mr Obama has published documentation showing he was born in Hawaii. His mother is a natural born citizen of USA at the time of Mr Obama's birth.

You want to pretend that all this is not an attempt to de-legitimize Mr Obama's presidency; go for it. But stop all this gibberish. Just come out and say _YOU_ do not like the fact the man is doing a good job because he is a negro. Geese it is so hard to say?

Mr Obama is working diligently and effectively. If any one is 'out of his league', it is people from Texas who cannot come to terms with their own personal failings as a human being.

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
.

Bartender Cabbie said...

i don't care if the man is a "Negro" or a Martian. He is not doing a good job in my opinion. I hate to say it but you might be an idiot. I guess that really should just go without saying.

Ema Nymton said...

.

"I hate to say it but you might be an idiot."

Oh pla-ese. You know you don't 'hate to say it.' Your usual modus operandi is to make grandiosely stupid statements based on utterly false assumptions and then call others 'idiots' when you are shown to be a total buffoon.

Don't fight it. Live it. You do live in Texas, don't cha?

So why do you hate USA?

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
.

Bartender Cabbie said...

No I really do hate to say it. You have been leaving ridiculous comments on my blog for close to a year now and I welcome you to continue. I don't ever really recall calling you an idiot before. Not calling you one now as a matter of record. Just saying you "might" be one. The indicators are there.
Again, thanks for dropping by. Come back anytime.

Bartender Cabbie said...

Oh and although I do live in Texas in must say at heart I am a Southeastern Conference man. You know. Lousiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc. Good Repulicant communities with just enough of the Democrat(ic) party around to make elections interesting.
Good Day