Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easy Bake and Kools

It appears that the govt is again meddling in our private lives. Everyone by now I suppose has heard of the demise of the incandescent light bulb. Supposedly these bulbs waste energy. Likely nonsense, but there you have it. It seems that with the demise of the bulbs the iconic Easy Bake Oven will go the way of the dinosaur. Kind of ridiculous isn't it?
In non related/related news it seems that the FDA has floated a trial balloon on banning menthol cigarettes. They apparently have since backed off somewhat on that idea. You see, menthol cigarettes tend to taste pretty good to those of us who enjoy them. Granted I have cut down on my smoking a good deal since buying an "electronic cigarette" system. Still, if you want to smoke Kools or whatever then knock yourself out. It is your money. It looks like the FDA has noted that menthol smokes are targeted toward the minority community and that is of course exploitative and unfair. Now, anyone who notices such things will see that indeed that many in the Black community do smoke menthol. Kool and Newport seem to be the top brands. Don't know if advertising has really all that much to do with it. I have been hearing stuff for years from people telling me I smoke "N word" cigarettes. I admit this is so. They just taste good. Sorry. If I chose to continue to smoke menthols then I will certainly be a bit annoyed if the all powerful fed govt suddenly has them pulled from the market.
Now I have noted that I now "enjoy" "cigarettes" of the electronic variety. Of course there is outcry from do gooders about the "dangers" of these also. I think some folk should just STFU.

2 comments:

Ema Nymton said...

.

You really have become a real sniveler.

Contrary to what your drug addict hero Trash Lumbaski is lying about, no one has banned your incandescent light bulb. You want to go out and buy incandescent light bulbs you will be able to until the invisible hand of the 'free market' eliminates the inefficient item.

Agree with you though. Wish you'd take your own advice, "I think some folk should just STFU."

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
.

Bartender Cabbie said...

Thanks for stopping by. Always enjoy comments from the silly section.