Last week there were some pretty good games on tap. FSU survived as an undefeated but was certainly challenged by a decent Louisville squad. Ole Miss has been exposed (sort of) and Mississippi State had their troubles with a pesky Razorback squad. What the heck happened to Georgia? Don't know. One thing is certain though - this newfangled "playoff" system will prove to be just as useless and unfair as the Bowl Championship Series system.
Last week the Bartendercabbie System was 6-4 with a total this season of 68-32.
1. Clemson vs Wake Forest: The Tigers are a pretty good ACC team and will have little trouble here.
2. Georgia State vs Troy: Troy has not been good in the last few seasons and Georgia State is, at this point, over matched in the upper division. Go with Troy in a close one.
3. Georgia Southern vs Texas State: GSU may be the class of the Sun Belt in their first season in the upper division. They certainly keep winning. Go with the team from Georgia here.
4. KSU vs TCU: One of the big games this week. Both of these teams are quite good with TCU perhaps being the faster of the two. KSU has the better defense. This one will be a toss up and I will go with the Wildcats for the win.
5. Ohio State vs Michigan State: The winner here will still be in contention for the college football "playoff." The loser will be on the outside looking in. Go with the team from Michigan. Could be close.
6. Alabama vs LSU: Are the Tigers capable of ruining Bama's chances in the hunt for the "national title?" Yes. Will they? Doubtful. Go with Bama.
7. Oregon vs Utah: A loss for the Ducks will take them out of "playoff contention" likely. Other than perhaps Oregon, there is a good deal of parity with the best of the rest in this conference. Oregon may be ripe for an upset here but I said the same last week and I will say so this. Go with the Utes.
8. Baylor vs Oklahoma: The Bears still have a chance of making the "playoff" Oklahoma with two losses already does not. Still this will be a good game and I will go with the Sooners here.
9. Iowa State vs Kansas: This will determine which team is really the most inept in the Big Twelve. Probably Kansas. A major rebuild at a very very hard place to be successful. Go with ISU.
10. Marshall vs Southern Mississippi: The better team will win here and that team will be the Thundering Herd. They will likely run the table in CUSA and not get so much as a nod from this "playoff committee." It is arguable perhaps that they should - they have a very easy schedule, but undefeated is undefeated. Can't argue with that.
Have a good week and enjoy the games.