There are big games coming up with national championship implications and, interestingly enough, this week, some are not played on Saturday. Last week I went 7-3 with a 69-31 record to date. On to the predictions......
1. Central Michigan vs Ball State: Ball State is one of the better teams in the oft overlooked (and under rated) MAC. CMU has struggled some this year and will likely not be able to stay with the Cardinals.
2. Oklahoma vs Baylor: The Sooners are starting to show they can play a bit of ball and have some power. They will likely have trouble with the quickness the Bears bring to the table but Baylor will have to man up on D to take this one. They will. I go with the Bears in a rather close one.
3. Oregon vs Stanford: Upset? Not this time. Go with the Ducks.
4. Hawaii vs Navy: The Warriors are dismal. Navy is not much above that but should have enough to keep Hawaii out of the win column. Do you think they miss Jones in the islands? Perhaps. I 'm pretty sure they have had enough of Norm by now though. Go with the Midshipmen here.
5. Nebraska vs Michigan: Both teams will be out to prove that they still matter in big college ball. They don't. Toss up game and I will go with the Wolverines to get back on track somewhat with a win.
6. Houston vs UCF: A big game for both teams. Toss up and I will go with the Coogs for the upset.
7. LSU vs Alabama: Is Alabama ripe for an upset. If so the Tigers are about the only team left that could keep them out of the big game at the end. Miles and CO. would like nothing more than to do just that. Won't happen. Bama will relegate the Bayou Bengals to some "who cares" bowl.
8. KSU vs TTU: The Raiders have been exposed. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Still, they are a dangerous team to any but the top squads in the land. KSU has improved greatly after a disastrous start. This one is a toss up and I will go with KSU for the win.
9. SDSU vs SJSU: Evenly matched clubs. I literally toss a coin and go with the Spartans.
10. Southern Miss vs Louisiana Tech: Remember when both of these clubs were feared by all but the top teams in country? No more. That being said, Tech is the better team and will win here.
Have a good week and enjoy the games.