Last week I went 6-4 for a total of 62-28 for the season thus far straight up. A friend of mine placed some bets for me over the weekend (he was in Vegas) and I can close to winning a pot full of money. Damn Fresno State didn't cover. Anyway......this week has some decent games on tap but really the only thing that remains to be seen is who will be in the big game at the end and be crowned the BCS "National Champion." Conventional wisdom says it will be a Bama/Oregon match up (which would end in predictable fashion), but neither Ohio State nor FSU can be counted out and how 'bout those Bears of Texas.....Still a lot of football left to be played..
1. Cincinnati vs Memphis: Two even teams here. I will go with the Tigers for the win. I like them better.
2. South Florida vs Houston: The Coogs are in the Bartender Cabbie Top 25 and deserve to be so. They should have little problem here. Coach Willie I bet wishes he had stayed at WKU. He will find himself jobless before long I wager.
3. Rice vs North Texas: A good CUSA team will prevail here. Go with the Owls.
4. Ohio State vs Purdue: Again the Buckeyes face inferior competition. They will win and still be considered in the BCS conversation.
5. Michigan vs Michigan State: An interesting game. Neither team amounts to near what some thought they would this season but this rivalry game will be fun. It is a toss up and I will just guess that the Spartans will pull this one out.
6. Iowa State vs KSU: A down year for both but KSU seems to be pulling out of the tailspin somewhat. I go with the Wildcats for the win.
7. Georgia vs Florida: The "Worlds Largest Cocktail Party" is a fizzle this season. Still could be a fun game though. Georgia has played well below their talent level and Florida is just not good. The Bulldogs will win here.
8. Miami vs FSU: A big one with national championship implications here. Miami has been living very dangerously and is not as good a team as the Seminoles but anything can happen in this one. I go with FSU to pull it out of the hat although it has the potential to be very close.
9. New Mexico State vs Louisiana: Last week these Aggies scored their first win of the season over a, get this, Division II squad. To my knowledge this is the first match up of this nature in quite some time. NMSU had some trouble and was lucky to pull out the W. The Cajuns may well be a borderline top 25 squad at this point in the season and will have little trouble here.
10. Oklahoma State vs Texas Tech: In reality, these two teams are probably about even. I will go with the Raiders to win. It is a toss up and it could be close.
Have a good week and enjoy the games.