Another 6-4 week last week for a total of 81-39 thus far straight up. We will see where we are after this upcoming week. .......Oh, as usual some of the "power" teams in the SEC are playing FCS competition. One can only hope someone gets embarrassed. Could it be the Gators?.......
1. Northern Illinois vs Toledo: The BCS honks are certainly hoping that the Rockets knock off the Huskies. Toledo is a very good MAC team but the Huskies may well be under ranked. It could certainly be argued that NIU, if in the Big Ten, would be the 2nd best team in that conference. I would go with NIU here in what could be a good close game.
2. Rutgers vs UCF: UCF certainly dodged a bullet last week in their tilt with one win Temple. Rutgers is a step up from the Owls and UCF likely just had an "off" day Saturday last. Go with the Knights here.
3. Duke vs Wake Forest: The Blue Devils are the surprise of the season likely. Wake Forest is not a good team. That being said I am suspecting that Wake Forest will pull off the upset here. The folks at Duke may be feeling just a bit over confident right about now.
4. Wisconsin vs Minnesota: Evenly matched. The Gophers have likely been playing a bit above their talent level and Wisconsin is Wisconsin. That is to say they are a good team that just can't quite get over the top. This is a toss up and I will go with the Badgers.
5. TAMU vs LSU: This is, some say, the "big one" this week. That is ridiculous but if the Tigers can find a way to stop that silly ass "Johnny Football" then they might have a decent shot. They won't though. Go with the Aggies in what has the potential to be an ugly game.
6. Vanderbilt vs Tennessee: A good match up. I would go with the Commodores here in a close one.
7. BYU vs Notre Dame: This could be a good one. Both of these squads are on the cusp of making it into the Bartender Cabbie (the real BCS) top 25. Here and there as it might be (kind of a week to week thing). BYU is probably the better club and will find some way to win. In reality this one is a probably a toss up.
8. Baylor vs Oklahoma State: Yes I know that many SEC honks think that LSU/TAMU is the big game but that is, of course, asinine. This particular game has possible "national championship" implications and Baylor must win to be considered to be in standing with the Crimson Tide and FSU. (Oh and Ohio State I suppose) It helps that both the Seminoles and the Tide face inferior competition this week. If Baylor can win then they could very well be considered for at least number two team in the land. I will go with the Bears in a close one.
9. Boise State vs SDSU: The Broncos are having an off year. SDSU seems to have improved as the season progressed but are in no way a good team. I would go with the Broncos here.
10.. Missouri vs Ole Miss: This will be a good one. The Rebs are a dangerous football team that could beat anyone in the top 10 on a great day (providing of course the top 10 squad has an off performance). That being said I will go with the Tigers in a close one.
Have a good week and enjoy the games.