Week 8 is in the books and it was one of the better weekends for the game that I have seen in a long time. I went a less than stellar 5-5 straight up for a total thus far of 56-24. Wonder what the upcoming week will bring......
1. Louisiana vs Arkansas State: The Cajuns appear to be in the driver seat in the Sun Belt but ASU can not yet be ruled out. The Red Wolves are not the team they have been in the last few years but still a dangerous opponent for any SBC squad. The Cajuns must guard against a let down after last week's win at WKU. They will do so and squeak by with a victory. It will be close.
2. Kentucky vs Miss State: Two bottom of the barrel SEC squads face off in what could be a good game. I will go with the Bulldogs in a close one.
3. Wake Forest vs Miami: Wake Forest had a good win last week and further exposed a Maryland team for what they really are. Miami is a good, but far from great, team. They should have enough in the tank to beat the Deacons though. Go with the Canes.
4. Boise State vs BYU: Both of these teams are on the cusp of being included in the Bartender Cabbie Top 25. I will go out on a limb here and predict a Bronco "upset."
5. Houston vs Rutgers: Two other teams right on the verge of inclusion in the BC Top 25. Both are probably about even and I will go with Rutgers in a close one. They have just faced better competition this season.
6. UTEP vs Rice: Rice is turning out to be a pretty good CUSA team and will win here. It may be rather close.
7. Fresno State vs SDSU: Could it be that the Aztecs are turning things around a bit? Perhaps. Will they have enough to roll to victory over the Bulldogs? No. Go with Fresno State.
8. Texas Tech vs Oklahoma: This will be a real test for the Red Raiders. Look for the Sooners to upset the cart a bit a squash any (rather ridiculous) talk of TTU being included as a legitimate "national championship" contender. Of course on always hopes for a Sooner loss. Not much is sweeter..........
9. Oregon vs UCLA: This is allegedly the big game of the week. Oregon will roll. As usual.
10. Stanford vs Oregon State: OSU had one hiccup against a (very good) FCS opponent but that is still hard to come back from. That being said, they are a pretty good football team that has an outside shot at a PAC 12 Championship. Stanford is perhaps a bit over rated and this game should be a toss up. I am going with OSU for the upset here.
Have a good week and enjoy the games.