Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Bet an Insurance Commericial Would Reveal Something Astounding

I enjoy advertising. Always have. One insurance company has, for the past few years, been the leader in comedic advertising (you know which one) and has successfully "put their name out there." That is after all what a successful ad campaign is supposed to do. One recent advertisement has grabbed my interest somewhat. The commercial where "Abraham Lincoln" is  in a pickle about whether "Mary Todd's" dress makes her look fat is brilliant. The graininess looks just like something produced in the early days of film. After watching this advertisement numerous times I could not help but wonder how many people think that they may be seeing the real Abe and Mary Todd. More than a few I would wager. That would be funny but rather sad. I just know I am right about this.

No comments: