Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Now as long we are on things that are not, I would like to point out that deer hunting in Texas is not really hunting. Yes I said it. Have you ever gone outside and shot the neighbors dog in his own back yard while he was at his water dish? Probably not. Have you ever gone into a field and shot dead some one's cow at the trough? I hope not, but if you have, then you probably have a good idea about deer hunting in the great state of Texas. It always amuses me when I see these guys (and gals) in their best "Taliban hunting" garb go out in the "field" for some deer hunting. Don't get me wrong. I am not anti hunting per se. I have done some deer hunting in states where you had to "still" hunt and could not stoop to such as feeding the deer. I just don't think you can call the sport of deer hunting in Texas a real hunt. Or a sport for that matter. Not when you can set out a feeder for them. Like I said, about as easy as shooting down the neighbor's dog or a farmer's cow.
No sport there. Just pussy.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Sean Hannity: Hannity? Yes. I occasionally listen to this buffoon and find him really nothing more than a cheerleader for the right. That is fine and good but I also get the feeling that he usually has little idea of what he is talking about. Plus he is an ass kisser. Kind of like the Jim Rome of political "sport." I hate it when he refers to B. Netanyahu as "Bibi." It implies that he (Hannity) is important on the stage of world politics as it were. It implies fawning familiarity. If I were Netanyahu, I would guard my package. Hannity may try to perform some surprise fellatio on his person. I would not drop the soap either. I must admit that I do appreciate Sean's support for Israel. That alone is not enough to keep him off the list however. America would be better off just to tune this guy out. He is nothing more than a rural disc jockey and should be doing little more than the local farm report.
BCS System: Well I suppose it is ok to put an inanimate "program" on the list. It is after all backed and supported by flesh and blood creatures. This system is ruining the game of college football, at least in the "upper division." I have spoken of this at length on my college football blog. I will, I am sure, have a bit more to say before the season is all said and done. If I may shamelessly self promote, check out my other "writings" at collegefootballfromthecab.blogspot.com. You may (or may not) enjoy it.
Sheila Jackson Lee: Now for those not familiar, this silly woman is a congresswoman from the great state of Texas. She "represents" some of the poorest areas of Houston. Now as I have stated before, it is somewhat classless to call some one a dumbass in open forum, but exceptions at times have to be made. I will pull no punches here. This woman is a narcissist and perhaps a sociopath. She for certain is stupid. I hesitate to diagnose her as an "anti social" personality simply because she may not be intelligent enough. Often those who suffer from this disorder, in addition to being potentially dangerous, are quite intelligent. Intelligence alone may be enough to disqualify Lee from this diagnosis. Hard to say. I do not hold a "doctorate" in psychology. (Isn't it cute when someone is referred to as a Doctor of Psychology?)At any rate, if any of you are not familiar with this silly broad I would suggest you do a little research and find out for yourself just how stupid this poor woman is. She qualifies for a Tuna Flapper sure.
Nancy Pelosi must be included. Perhaps there should be another category for the likes of her. Perhaps a "Dried up old Tuna Flapper" category would be more of a fit. That would just confuse things however. Why make the process more complicated that it already is. A lot of "thought and analysis" goes into the Tuna Flapper Project. At any rate, this sad nutcase should be near the top of the list, if I was indeed "ranking" these folks. Poor woman is a buffoon and a deserving recipient of a Tuna Flapper.
"Dr." Phil: Phil must be placed in the category simply because he is an annoying, silly, "feel good" type of guy who has parlayed his brand of non sense into some success. I don't begrudge him that, but I certainly believe him to be a twit and therefore deserving of one of the coveted awards. He just talks too much. A friend of mine says he is a "fag." He does not mean gay, so don't get your panties in a knot. He is using the time honored word common in the language of the American male, to call out another male for being, well, a bit of a pussy or acting in a pussy like manner. It also can be a term of endearment among friends. Further clarification on this may be needed. I will try my best. How about this; "Get in the car you fag, we are going to get more beer." Does that clear things up a bit for you? I hope so. If not, well, that's showbiz.
Oprah: Has America just not had quite enough of this woman yet? Good Lord! When will enough be enough? Remember when Jim Baker chanted "enough is enough" a few years ago when the local newspaper had his number and was on the attack? If the Very Reverend Jim was still with us he would qualify for a Tuna Flapper award, but I digress. Back to Oprah. She is just another person doing her small part to further the pussification of America. We should all be thankful. She is such a wonderful sensitive person. She is highly qualified for a Tuna Flapper and no mistake.
Sarah Palin: How dare I? I do so dare indeed. Like Oprah, it is past time for this woman to just go away. I know that many of you love her and that is fine. I personally think she needs to just shut the hell up. My intention here is not necessarily to offend, but I must call her out and award her a Tuna Flapper. I find her a poster child for the "Tea Party" movement. Nothing more. She would not even complete her term as Gov. of the great state of Alaska. Does this not send up red flags? Apparently not for some. Does not her desire to be a "reality television star" not cause one to wonder? Just a bit? Again apparently not for a great many. How this woman became such a power in politics is beyond me. It is obvious she is somewhat of a loon, a phony, and definitely an anti social personality. She, unlike S.J. Lee, is intelligent and therefore possibly (but unlikely) a danger to the nation. Have I gone just a tad to far for you? Sorry. For those of you still counting on her to make a run for the highest office in the land you must know that her successful nomination would ensure that the leftists will win the next presidential election. The woman is just too controversial for the average voter. But some of you zombies don't think that way. Do you? She is highly qualified for a Tuna Flapper to display proudly on her mantle.You know, just under the stuffed moose head (that she herself actually did not kill). Probably bought it at Eskimo Dan's trading post out near the airport.
Stewart Smalley: Now Senator Smalley certainly deserves a Tuna Flapper. I really have no tangible reason for presenting this award to him other than the fact that I don't like him. I just don't like him. Well I guess his being an unrealistic pusillanimous leftist does factor in somewhat. I guess I should note that I am referring to Sen. Al Franken (for the SNL uninitiated). Having to explain humor kind of defeats the whole purpose. I hate it when that happens.
Julian Assange: Now this guy is really qualified for an award far more prestigious than the mere Tuna Flapper. He is more qualified probably for some sort of lifetime achievement award such as the Ice Pick in the Ear or perhaps the little awarded Piano Wire Necktie. Awarding these prizes is above my pay grade however so I will have to be content with awarding him a Tuna Flapper. This man is not a traitor to this country as he is not a citizen, but he certainly is a traitor to Western Civilization. His Wikileaks involvement has likely put American and Allied troops in even more danger than they are already. Of course he has many supporters in this country and elsewhere who put him in the category of "hero." It is in my power to award those misguided twits collectively a Tuna Flapper and I do so here. I can just picture a theatre full of silly Hollywood types dabbing their eyes with tissue as this Assange freak is awarded the Ice Pick or the Piano Wire Necktie. Poor, misguided, sad little people. They would get over this of course at the after award ceremony group sex party in some Beverly Hills grotto. Isn't this Assange also allegedly some sort of groper or rapist or something? That should not deter the Hollywood crowd from ass worship though. They still are in love with Polanski who apparently had carnal knowledge with a child. Sad.
This could go on and on of course and there are those probably more deserving of the award than those so awarded. I grow tired of this however and will just leave it at this. To those that won a Tuna Flapper this year I say to keep on doing what you do best. Perhaps you will again be a winner.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
This just about says it all. H/T to Storm'n Norm'n.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
I would like to thank:
1. The Houston Police Department, (with the probable exception of one "cop." I will get to that in a minute), for being there if needed.
2. Other police agencies in the area for the same reason.
3. The lady who warned me to give her a plastic bag before hurling in my car and ruining my evening. All cabbies learn, often the hard way, to have plastic bags within reach.
4. Those who were thoughtful enough to tip.
5. Those who were so drunk they dropped money in the back seat. I always checked after people got out. Note: This is for bills and coins only. If someone left a wallet or other property it was returned with all contents intact. Some cabbies are thieves but I certainly was not one of them.
6. The few couples who had "relations" in the back of the cab. Thanks for the show.
7. The interesting conversation from intelligent customers.
8. The two customers who found a "crack pot" in the backseat and gave it to me to throw out. Not all crack heads look like crack heads.
9. Those who were on "welfare" taxi ride program for allowing me to explain that somebody paid for the cab ride, just not them. This was usually after I was told how cool it was to get a free cab ride. Of course this did not apply to those who were in legitimate need, only those that scam the system.
10. Those who were on one of the above programs for taking a long long ride across county to the doctor or whatever. Never had to worry about getting paid for those trips. Plus the customers were always safe.
11. Those females who for whatever reason found it necessary to "flash the cabbie."
12. Veterans for their long cab rides to the VA. Same reason as number 9.
13. The employees at the city "cab office" for at least being decent and helping me out when navigating the ridiculous bureaucratic nonsense to get and keep a license.They have a hard job. Many cabbies are jerks.
14. The ladies at Yellow Cab and Liberty Cab who process paperwork for being friendly and competent.
15. The training dept. at Yellow Cab and Liberty Cab.
16. Numerous illegal aliens and crack heads who inadvertently found their way into my cab for not attempting to rob me. These folk found their way into my car despite my best efforts to screen customers.
17. The college girl who was stranded and paid me around 300 bucks to take her from Houston to SFA University in Nacadoches. She was a pretty cool kid.
18. The girl who for whatever reason gave me a Bob Marley CD.
19. The old crazy dude who gave me a dollar and a lighter for taking him around. He told me to come back later and he would "pay me in gold." I lost on this deal but it was a fun thing to do for an hour or so. This happens when one is a student of human nature. Plus I dropped him off in front of a hoity toity River Oaks establishment in the front as he requested. He then entered said establishment.The office gave me a call about that one. I almost forgot. He told me he was John Wesley Hardin.
20. The City of Houston cab inspector that chose to let me slide with a book and newspaper on the passenger seat. Yes that is a rule.
21. The "gentleman's" establishments that paid me a nice fee for bringing customers to their reputable places of business.
22. The gay community. They like to have fun and know about tipping. They are generally safe also.
23. The mechanics at Yellow and Liberty Cab. Those guys do wonders with a fleet of vehicles that definitely are rode hard and put away wet as they say.
Now on to those who deserve a huge F.U.
1. The lady "cop" who hassled me for fifteen minutes about running a stop sign somewhere near Broadway. I did not run it but was polite and respectful. She obviously had penis envy and was a tad nuts. It made me wonder why she was out in public armed with weaponry. I guess all agencies let a few nuts slip through. Sista was crazy. As Hell. I would have rather gotten a ticket than listen to her mouth.
2. The City of Houston cab inspector who gave me a ticket for not wearing a collared shirt. I was dropping off passengers at the Hyatt Downtown and she was there ready for action. Cost me a bit of money.
3. The city judge who took the above charge seriously and fined me 150 bucks. I always had a collared shirt on after that I can assure you.
4. The illegal alien punk that gave me a bunch of threatening crap armed with nothing more than his mouth. He is lucky I did not pistol whip him. Oh wait I did not have a pistol. That would have been "illegal" lol. Or perhaps I did. Not telling for sure.
5. The punk who jumped out an ran to avoid paying a ten dollar fare.
6. The dispatch office at Yellow Cab. Staffed by dumb asses.
7. People who don't know how to drive.
8. Limo drivers who try to play taxi and steal customers. They are usually Mohammedans.
9. Red light cameras. In your lens!!! They are supposed to be removed after a public referendum but watch the city weasel out of it.
10. People who always think you are out to cheat them. Kiss my ass.
11. Any loud obnoxious drunk.
12. People who stank. It did not happen often thankfully.
14. The guy who shat his pants. I almost called it quits after that little episode.
15. Mike in Clear Lake. You sir are more trouble than you are worth.
16. The guys on two different occasions who paid me and then gave me extra to "wait here I will be back in a minute." Of course they were on a drug buy. I left the scene and them stranded at the crack house. The extra they gave me to wait was my fee for them putting me in a potential dangerous situation. Hope they got home safely. Or not.
That's about it I suppose. I enjoyed my cab driving and will always leave the door open to do it again but I just think I will leave it alone. Don't think I will pull a Brett Favre on you.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Some more excellent rock n roll from Northern Europe. This particular band is Rammstein from Germany. They have been around for quite a while and are second to none in my humble opinion. They do not often tour the U.S. and that is a pity. They seem to be misunderstood here in the U.S. and some ignorant swine feel compelled to compare them to something unspeakable. That is ridiculous. They are not Landser after all. Don't know who Landser is? Look it up. These guys (Rammstein members) grew up in pre unification Eastern Germany and know a thing or two about totalitarianism. I believe that is true for all members of the band. At any rate, some of the most innovative rock music seems to come from this general area of Europe. It is interesting that the lead singer, Till Lindeman, was in his younger days, an Olympic hopeful (swimmer) for the now defunct GDR. On an interesting note; Michael Savage said that this was music to invade Iran with. I could not agree more.
There is a forever it seems debate about the merits of the rock n roll of each generation. Of course it is common for many my age to say that real rock died around 1980 with the advent of "hair bands." I myself was never a huge fan of the hair bands, preferring skinny tie and punk at that time. However I have never jumped on the "our music was better" bandwagon. If one knows where to look and does a little bit of "research" one can find quality hard music from all eras. Behold "Children of Bodom," an excellent Northern European group that knows a bit about how to play rock n roll.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Well I did miss some college ball I wanted to watch and did have to take a rather long drive but all in all the day was not a total wash out. I am still calling Fedex out for poor service however. They should correct the address on their website to at least read the right city and they should probably audit their drivers performance a bit more. I know damn good and well the lazy prick (or prickess) did not attempt to make a third delivery. I also must add that I never have had this type of issue with UPS. If I have a choice in the matter, I will not use Fedex again.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
This one brings back memories. I was introduced to Nina Hagen while in Guantanamo Bay for "RefTra" by a nameless German sailor from the FGS Rommel. This was in 82 or 83. I am a fan still. My ex wife hated her music. I got rid of her but kept Nina. It was the right choice. Who says you don't soak up a little culture in service to the nation?
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
This show made a debut last Sunday but I did not watch it right away, choosing to record it and view at my leisure instead. Last night I decided to check it out and came away with the impression that this will be another hit from HBO. Probably will not quite reach the level of The Sopranos or True Blood, but a good show that will hold its own. Steve Buscemi does a pretty good job and of course Scorsese and Marky Mark are involved. This adds up to some pretty darn good television. The acting may be just a bit melodramatic for my taste and that might be the only complaint I have concerning the opening episode of this series. The wardrobe is way cool and it appears it will be violent enough for the hardcore gangster film fan. I am looking forward to following this series starting tomorrow night.