Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cabbies Slain in Houston

There have been two cases of cab drivers who have been killed in Houston in the last few days. I am sure that robbery was the motive. Some cabbies carry hundreds of dollars on them at some times and that is not a wise thing. However there are some punks that will burn you down for ten bucks. One must be very careful in the taxi business. Can't rely on the cops, they are stretched thin enough. I know there are a lot of cabbies that "pack heat" as they say, even though it is "illegal" in the city of Houston for a cab driver to do so. This is even if they have a carry permit from the state. I would hate to have to challenge that in court but still I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. I hope that whoever is robbing and murdering these hard working people finds themself(ves)  down with a bullet in the face soon. Does that bother you? Sorry.

No comments: