Saturday, September 25, 2010

New HBO Show Looks Like It May Be A Winner

A lot college football is not going my way today, well Notre Dame did get smoked and that does a heart good, but some of the rest is well, bad. That co..s...er, er sorry, I mean that rutabaga Saban squeaked by with a victory over a pretty good Hogs team. Shame. So instead of dwell on football for the rest of the evening I believe I will briefly discuss the new HBO series Boardwalk Empire.
This show made a debut last Sunday but I did not watch it right away, choosing to record it and view at my leisure instead. Last night I decided to check it out and came away with the impression that this will be another hit from HBO. Probably will not quite reach the level of The Sopranos or True Blood, but a good show that will hold its own. Steve Buscemi does a pretty good job and of course Scorsese and Marky Mark are involved. This adds up to some pretty darn good television. The acting may be just a bit melodramatic for my taste and that might be the only complaint I have concerning the opening episode of this series. The wardrobe is way cool and it appears it will be violent enough for the hardcore gangster film fan. I am looking forward to following this series starting tomorrow night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boardwalk started last week and it sucks

Bartender Cabbie said...

I thought it pretty good and I recorded and watched the first week Friday night. Anonymous imput is always appreciated in a sort of "kiss my ass" kind of way.

Anonymous said...

That would be input not imput.
Thanks,
KMA

Bartender Cabbie said...

lol yes you are correct. I bare my buttocks to you sir.

Bartender Cabbie said...

I also must admit that you are correct about the show. It kinda fizzled for me and I lost interest.