Tuesday, July 26, 2011

South Side Slim and Little Johnny Nice Tie

I wasn't going to pay much attention to the little speech that President Obama was to give last night but just happened by when it came on. Curiosity got the better of me so I sat down to listen. Obama used the "bully pulpit" to state his case (sort of) and of course he sounded so reasonable. Just as a politician should. Mainly though what I noticed was that his hair is a good bit more gray than when he first started his little adventure of playing president. Well of course next came the Speaker of the House and as you would imagine he sounded reasonable also. It is easy to see how people fall for the nonsense that comes out of DC. As Boehner spoke, I could not help but notice that his tie was a beautiful green. Not really sure if it matched his blue shirt and suit but it was an interesting ensemble. I have gotten used to the rather odd combinations that Boehner chooses in clothing. It does seem to work well for him though. He always looks pretty natty. I'm glad he refrained from a public display of crying this time.

After all the political nonsense was said and done the network returned, as they say, to its' regularly scheduled programming and we joined The Bachelorette in progress. I sometimes watch this type of nonsense and again, curiosity got the better of me. The viewing public was witnessing a "break up" of one of the bachelors and the star attraction; the bachelorette. As the man was walking off, for the last time I surmise, I noticed a bunch of lit tiki torches on the set. It seems that there are always tiki torches on these silly "reality" based shows. I don't know why.
I have often thought that these "ladies" on these reality shows could easily find gainful employment in Chatsworth after their fifteen minutes is used up. Extend their showbiz career a bit perhaps. I believe I have mentioned the Jerseylicios bimbos a time or two.

Funny, I found myself thinking that it would be amusing if all the scorned "bachelors" on this show suddenly rushed the set brandishing those big sticks that martial artists spar with. I don't know what they are called but it would be interesting to see them give the winning bachelor a Rodney King style beat down with them. Perhaps one of them could wave a tiki torch around a bit and maybe one could come completely unhinged and start exposing himself to the viewing audience while yelling at the top of his lungs. That would be very much like a young officer (LTjg) of my ships' company did many years back one fine evening at a local Key West "gentleman's club" after consuming a prodigious amount of Yukon Jack. That my friends would be great television.

Television worth watching.

No comments: