Last week the Bartendercabbie System had an 8-2 record for a total of 33-7 in this still young season. On to the predictions for week 5. Kind of SEC heavy this week but this is perhaps one of the least interesting weeks for match ups of the season.
1. UTEP vs KSU: The Wildcats are a good team and UTEP is UTEP. Go with KSU.
2. W Michigan vs VA. Tech: The bloom is off the rose early after the Hokies signature win over the Buckeyes. They should have no problem here though. Go with the team from Virginia.
3. Arkansas vs TAMU: This could be a good one. The Hogs are vastly improved and the Aggies will have another chance to prove they are for real. I smell upset here and will go with the Razorbacks.
4. Duke vs Miami (FL): This could be a good one between a couple of teams with some major bowl aspirations. A toss up here and I will go with Duke.
5. Memphis vs Ole Miss: We will see if the Tigers have improved as much as some say. This could be close but it would be wise to go with the Rebs.
6. Louisiana Tech vs Auburn: Go with the Tigers. Wouldn't it be great though?.......
7. Texas vs Kansas: Texas has a long way to go before anyone can call them a good team. The starting QB wisely decided to call it quits before concussion issues catch up with him. I would still go with the Longhorns here although it may be closer than some expect.
8. Mizzou vs South Carolina: Mizzou will be looking to rebound after their loss and prove they are going to be again a force in the SEC. Perhaps they have just lost too many players from the group that performed so well season last. I would go with Spurrier's bunch.
9. New Mexico State vs LSU: Again the SEC choses to schedule "sure wins." They should have little trouble with this particular bunch of Aggies.
10. Vanderbilt vs Kentucky: Which team will ride the cellar in the SEC this season? It will be one of these two certain. I go with Vanderbilt to edge the Wildcats but the game is, in reality, a toss up.
Have a good week and enjoy the games.