Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day Remembered

I guess everyone over the age of about 22 remembers where they were and what they were doing on the morning of the attack on our country by an evil little group of Mohammedans.
 As for me, I remember so well I could repeat to you the business conversation I was having with a colleague as we learned of the "man caused disaster." Another person from the office went to get a television at the Evil Empire and, believe it or not, they were almost sold out. I suppose other businesses in the area also sent people to buy one.  Unreal.

I am reminded of the event every time I see an "old" movie that shows the NYC skyline. On a rare occasion where I see the events replayed I find myself furious. I find myself believing we have done very little to avenge these attacks on our soil. I find myself believing that a large number of Muslims at least tacitly approved of these cowardly crimes. I know that large numbers of "Palestinians" and those on the so called "Arab Street" approved. Their savage celebratory dancing, for all the world to see, was plastered on my television screen. Perhaps that would by why I have no sympathy for the plight of those in these lands. I don't think I am alone here.

I am further amazed by some of these "911 truther" types. As if any sitting administration would know in advance of these planned attacks and not take proactive steps to avert it. Even worse are those Americans who believe that it was actually perpetrated by those in govt. People who think like this are bizarre, queer, and quite frankly, mentally deranged. There is no hope for the terminally stupid and these type people are, if anything,  near as bad the attackers. They are fifth columnists and are to be pissed upon.

It is also high time for our service members to be withdrawn from the lands of Islam. It is also important to let the Mohammedans know, in uncertain terms, that any further trifling with America or American interests will be dealt with in devastating fashion. No Marshall Plan scenario, no "sowing the seeds of democracy," humanitarian aid, etc. etc. None.

All the anger and frustration that many of us feel is likely not healthy but is perhaps necessary.  It is more important to remember those who lost their lives on this day and the American and allied service members who have died warring with this scum.

 Still the events of 11 years ago today are impossible to forget and even harder to forgive. Is it even necessary to attempt to forgive? Not in this case.

No comments: