Thursday, February 25, 2010

Health Care Again

Well while on my way to the evil empire to do a little grocery shopping I turned on the radio (to start my day, and dreamed of a girl I used to know, I closed my eyes and I slipped away).Oh sorry, flashbacks of Boston. Anyway, I turned on the radio and listened to a few minutes of Rush (the blabber mouth, not the band). As of this writing President Obama is having another one of his health care discussions with various members of Congress and of course Rush is playing commentator. Nothing wrong with that in itself I suppose. The problem here is that Rush and that somewhat buffoonish Sean tout a "free market solution" to the health care problem. Now that is fine and good of course, but what type of free market solutions are they talking about. Do they even know? Now the "free market solutions" that are spoken of may be a somewhat too little too late. The insurance and health care industry has had decades to fix any major problems that exist, but have put profits ahead of the lives of the American citizenry. That is why we now have the odious scene of the government getting involved in the whole fiasco. It is difficult to have any sympathy whatsoever with the insurance industry. They have made this bed and now will come time to lie in it, but still, having the government controlling something so important can be a huge problem. It has done so well with Social Security (in a lock box my ass hurts), Medicare, and fair tax collection.. No the government is probably not the answer. What then? Who knows? I do know that I am sick and tired of going to the corner store and seeing posters advertising a benefit selling BBQ plates so that a child can have money to access the health care system. Shame on the insurance industry. It is probable that it has been the cause of many deaths.

No comments: